Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anticipation

So there I was this morning, tea cup on the nightstand next to my bed; pillows strategically stacked three-high so that leaning and typing would be oh-so-comfortable as I composed my most current blog post, "whilst" gazing out my bedroom window at the islands of Ischia and Procida! The sun just peeking through the clouds with a slight promise of sunshine after a night of rain, when what ghastly thing do you suppose happened? EEEK!! An Italian message appeared on my computer screen, promptly asking for a password due to "obvious" modem problems (boo hoo). My puffy, happy day was being dashed to pieces, right before my eyes!  I can't call the Internet/telephone company myself. I must wait for "an English speaking representative to call me." I am not a lot better off than I was a few days ago . . . but, Italian life does go on.

So here I am on our neighbor's borrowed router - AGAIN - with the teensiest of connections, telling friends and family that it will be a few more days before I'm writing again in earnest! That's "if" a technician can get to our house to fix the problem "in a timely manner."

Ah, Italia!

Ciao, Bella! Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment