Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brain Funk

Sometimes I feel stuck in my mind, if there can be such a thing. I've noticed throughout my lifetime that I go into what I call a brain funk. It's like when you eat too much ice cream and freeze your brain for a few seconds, only this lasts a little longer. . . like a pause while thoughts have the chance to travel on little journeys to be processed and become all they were meant to be as they think about super busy projects or a very stressful situations coming up, etc.


If I'm not careful I could be "traveling" for days . . . in a strange kind of daze, pausing here and there in my mind wondering what I ought to be doing and how I ought to be doing it, instead of coming into the rest stop.

One of the things I HAVE learned, however, is to try and do at least one of the things on my mind as soon as I can - that's all - and go to bed! (If you know me, you know that this processing usually happens at night!) Sadly, I have been a night owl from birth. BUT . . . aren't Proverbs 31 women supposed to get up very early, before everyone else, and bake bread from scratch and all kinds of other stuff like that? I know . . . I've always felt bad about not getting up real early - but not this chick-a-dee! Just can't do it! It even says in my baby book that "she loves to sleep in." So, I blame this "birth defect" entirely on my mother - ha! At least I have a lot of energy in the evening.

Everyone will have a better outlook in the morning when rested and ready to face the day - night owl or not! Therefore, tonight I am writing this one thing . . .


and going to bed!





ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment