Friday, September 10, 2010

Pictures, at last!

It's late in the evening, but I finally uploaded a few pictures and wanted to post a few of them, at least, before calling it a night. I wish I would have taken a notebook with me to jot down the names of the places we were when we took pictures . . . as it was, I was "the" only person with a camera out of I don't even know how many people . . . dozens! We were zooming around like crazy scoping out the lay of the land and trying to get our barings - two big busloads of us! All newcomers to Italy. It was quite the tourist day!



Although it was not a very clear day, it was still breathtaking to see Mt. Vesuvius jetting up near the edge of the city of Naples. There are over 200 old churches in the city of Naples and we saw almost all of them at once from this stone wall viewing site. It was marvelous!


We also had our very first world-famous Naples pizza. All I can say is it is like no other pizza I have ever tasted! YUM!! I commented that it was like the difference between a taco shell from Taco Bell and handmade tortillas in Mexico - there's just no comparison! This is a picture of our guide, Terri, just before she ate hers.
Well, enough for tonight. If I don't go to sleep soon I will be back on North Carolina time.
I've learned now that a sweet way to say good-bye to friends and family is "Ciao, bella!" It basically means (at least I was told), "so long, my dear friend." I thought it meant "good-bye, beautiful", but ciao can mean "hello", "hi", "good-bye", or just a casual "bye."
So, I bid you . . .
Ciao . . . bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment