Friday, September 17, 2010

Awake Is The New Sleep


"What's that sound?!" say's Papa, in his groggy morning voice.  Of course, I'd been hearing it already, being the very light sleeper that I am.  At first, all I heard was this screaming noise; a high-pitched, irritating whiny sound!  As the fog of sleepiness cleared from my brain, I realized this irritating reverberation was the hair dryer from the apartment in the room directly above us ~ UGG!  The time . . . 0515!!!  Ok! That's a military base for ya!
Am I glad we're moving off-base! 

So, I'm thinking this will stop in the next little while, and then Sherman and I will be able to go back to sleep. (It woke him up too!)  Oh, no!  The drying of hair obviously was continuing on, and did so for the next, count them, 45 minutes!! Until 0600 . . .  at which time Papa's alarm was due to go off anyway ~ in just 15 more minutes. Hence, he got up, and I was awake! Oh, by-the-way, Papa slept through most of it. 

What a gift!!


Ciao, Bella! Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment