Saturday, April 9, 2011

When I was a kid I used to believe ...




When I Was A Kid

When I was a kid I believed all kind of interesting and silly things - didn't you? It's fun to collect stories and snippets here and there from people and books, remembering what we all used to think about when we were kids. Starting this week I'm going to post on my side-bar a little section called: "When I was a kid I used to believe . . .
I'm borrowing the title from a book by the same name, but the book has a second half to the title - "butter comes from butterflies" - and I will be quoting often from the book, as well as other sources over the months!
Here are a few of my favorites to get you started:

When I was a kid I used to believe . . . that birds grew from birdseed. ~ Jen

When I was a kid I used to believe . . . as a child I would sing along with the Beatles' "Eight Day's a Week."
For years afterward I thought I was miscounting , because I couldn't name the eighth day. ~Eric

When I was I kid I used to belive . . . that "Be Thou still near" in my bedtime prayer had something to do with my ear and that maybe the significance of it was something I would learn about later in life.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
when in the morning light I wake
Bloust an ear (Be Thou still near)
for Jesus sake.
 ~ Papa Pelikan


I hope you enjoy this addition to the side-bar and our sojourn down a memory lane from our youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment