Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fair-weather Blogger

"A *fair-weather friend* is the type who is always there when times are good but forgets about
you when things get difficult or problems crop up."
On the 12th of November, the day before my last blog entry,
Papa and I travelled for the day - and for my birthday - to Rome! It's less than
an hour by train and it was the perfect way to mark my 55th birthday -
unforgettable! On the way home, however, as we were waiting for the train in
Rome at the train station for our return train, my throat began to hurt more
and more by the minute! I found myself unable to swallow very well, and in dire
need of a throat lozenge (a bit problematic with the language barrier). By the
time we reached our home in Pozzuolli, I was genuinely sick! Fever and all! For
the next two weeks I was rarely out of the house, doing my best to kick the bad
cold! Every-once-in-awhile I would say to myself, “Since I’m just lying around
the house doing *nothing* but coughing and sneezing and feeling yukky - I
should work on my blog” . . . still I couldn’t bring myself to write anything
feeling the way I did! But . . . once I did start to feel a little better,
well, you can imagine, wa-haayyy too much catching up to do!
"Stuart was frightened, but he was a brave mouse, even when he had a sore throat." (from Stuart Little by E.B. White)
The good news, I am 90% better and able to engage in all the
activities going on over here for the Holidays. Not to mention finishing up the
*un*packing and the putting away of our household goods!! “Almost there . . .
almost there . . .”
I’ll blog soon about our trip to Rome and finally getting our
second car and me *driving* in Italy for the first time! Just wanted to check
in though, especially for those who’ve been asking, “Where are you?” . . . with
not a little concern in their *voices*!
Ciao, Bella! Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment