Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Data Transfer Call




Ok! So how great is it to start your day with a call from Afghanistan? When the phone rang this morning at 7:40, Johnny's was the last voice I expected to hear on the other end. Great conversation first thing this morning set the happy tone for my entire day.




The Lord is doing so much in the Pelikan Family these days! He called for an update from "Muuther" (that's the way he says it). We started having these special kind of talks back in the days of West Point when we lived across the world in Japan, where visits in person were far and few between ... packed full of all that was on my mind and his. I affectionately call these DTC's - Data Transfer Calls.

For that moment I know our boy is ok. I hear his smile and peace through the phone, and my heart - rests.

No comments:

Post a Comment